Old July 2nd 13, 04:25 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Mario Petrinovic

Default FFB - "The Right One"

Ok, finaly I got it.
"The trick" is to put Centering Spring at 0%, and adjust
"cockpitLookDeadZone". On my system it is around 0.015300.
Centering Spring and cockpitLook DeadZone adjust themselves in
parallel. In other words, for every Centering Spring position there is
adequate cockpitLookDeadZone value.
On my system, for Centering Spring of 100% cockpitLookDeadZone
should be around 0.089000.
For the deafult cockpitLookDeadZone of 0.050000, the adequate
Centering Spring is 31% on my system.
So, we see that this isn't quite linear.
Yet, the best is to have Centering Spring at 0%, and you adjust
cockpitLookDeadZone, if your simulation has such a variable. If it doesn't
have, then you are forced to adjust Centering Spring, but this is worse
scenario.