Old October 12th 13, 07:49 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Mario Petrinovic

Default "cockpitLookDeadZone"

Mario Petrinovic:
Mario Petrinovic:
Mario Petrinovic:
Ok, now I have Overall and Centering Spring at 100%.
I will try to move four other sliders at the same percentage, to see
where this will lead me to. So far times are excellent, and everything goes
well. I tested only from 0% to 40% (in 5% steps, the rest I will test some
other day), but this looks very promising. Better than anything before.

Ok, this is "the way". Centering Spring at 100%, Overall probably
wherever you like. In-game sliders have to be at the same percentage both, I
presume that driver's Spring and Damper also, only in-game Strength and
Damper and driver's Spring and Damper don't have to be all the same. I
wouldn't be surprised to find out that driver's Spring and Damper work the
best at 50%, but I'll check this some other day.
Times are excellent, and I am very fast with the default Mosport
setup in Lotus 49.

Driver's Spring and Damper aren't at 50%. At 50% these are too high
on cars where tires are too soft and grippy. Rather Spring and Damper on my
system are somewhere around 5%.

Ok, wrong.
I liked 5% because otherwise it is too dampy if I put in-game
sliders at the same *percentage*. But, this was wrong, in-game sliders have
to be put on the same *number*. IOW, not at 30.0/50%, but rather 50.0/50%.
So, the first one was too dampy, the second one is in balance.
This is what works: 100/50/50/100, in-game 50.0/50.
Some other day I'll see what does this mean. Is driver's
[ -/50/50/- ] the right one, or do you have to have all those four sliders
at the same NUMBER.