Old February 19th 18, 01:08 AM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,uk.rec.cars.maintenance
Dave Plowman (News)

Default Can you teach me more about lug bolts & related tire tools?

In article >,
Sanity Clause > wrote:
> Back to the actual question: 3-inch extension keeps you close to the
> nut, unlikely to twist sideways and fall off. 16-inch extension has the
> possibility of pulling the socket out of alignment, maybe rounding off
> the nut, and scraping your knuckles (and your shiny new wrench) on the
> ground, UNLESS you properly support the wrench at the head end to keep
> it straight.

If you have a spare jack, place it under the extension bar to reduce
sideways load on the socket. You can then use your full body weight on the
breaker bar with less chance of breaking the tools.

--
*Why are they called apartments, when they're all stuck together? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.