Old November 4th 17, 06:22 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
dsi1[_11_]

Default What are some car-repair jobs you always wished you could do buthave never done?

On Friday, November 3, 2017 at 4:43:02 PM UTC-10, RS Wood wrote:
> What are some car-repair jobs you always wished you could do but have never
> done?
>
> Mine are, in this order of "I wish I could do it" order
> 1. painting
> 2. alignment
> 3. replace/rebuild engine
> 4. clutch replacement
> 5. tire mounting and balancing
> 6. timing belt
> 7. head gasket and vcg
>
> I've done electrical, brakes, shocks, cooling systems, alternators,
> ujoints, pitman/idler arms & tie-rod ends and ball joints, tuneups,
> emissions hoses and sensors, exhaust, electrical components, fuel pumps,
> and fluids, but not the six things above.
>
> What are some car-repair jobs you always wished you could do but have never
> done?

My guess is that most people here have done these things - except painting, alignment, and tire mounting. These things are impractical to do at home. Rebuilding an engine ain't too practical either. I've done it but I cheated.. It was a Mazda rotary engine which can be easily done on a workbench. Some people will try painting at home but they tend to be just bonkers.