Old February 18th 18, 05:04 PM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,uk.rec.cars.maintenance
ultred ragnusen

Default Can you teach me more about lug bolts & related tire tools?

wrote:

>> Does anyone know how to calibrate a torque wrench at home?
>>

> Clamp head with handle horizontal; hang bucket of water measured
> distance from head; add water until clicks; weight bucket; do sum.

On a diagram, I see how hanging a known weight a known distance from the
head will test the torque to see if it's correct ... but ...

And I can visualize how to mechanically clamp a bolt in a vise to hang the
torque wrench on - but then - how do you calibrate the two types?