Old May 18th 06, 11:19 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Default Combustion Leak test - head gasket test

http://www.arrowheadradiator.com/hea..._leak_test.htm
> part number700-1006.
>
> Be sure to drain a few inches of coolant before installing this thing
> on your radiator (or pressure bottle) opening. . Keep watching the
> tube as the car warms up and gases go through. If you have combustion
> gas, the fluid in the tube turns yellow.
>
> Now, about that head gasket...

Three or four years ago, I read on a Subaru forum the account of someone
who had experimentally but successfully used a CO2 detecting pill (sold
for detecting leaking house furnaces) to detect combustion gases getting
into the cooling system. Not a proven accurate method - I'd probably
use what you did if the need arose - just food for thought.

Bill Putney
address with the letter 'x')