Old November 21st 04, 11:36 AM
Andrew Thomas

(JRC702) wrote in message >...
> What is the point of putting a performance intake on a M30 motor? You will
> still have only have 2 valves per cylinder, that weak camshaft and valve train
> and too many other issues to list to ever allow this motor to be able to get
> out of it's own way.

You could say the same thing about the V8 in a Corvette. Alpina
managed to squeeze 260 bhp out of the same engine just with intake and
exhaust tweaks. So I really have no idea what you are talking about -
clearly you're not very familiar with the M30 engine family, or indeed
the general concept of tuning engines of older designs.

> If you want any performance, you need to start with at least an M50 motor.

The two-litre version, perhaps? Mm, that's a real torque monster .