Old April 22nd 13, 03:40 AM posted to rec.autos.misc,alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski

Default radiator caps, cooling system pressure

On Sun, 21 Apr 2013 15:21:32 -0700, Ashton Crusher >
wrote:

>I was thinking of putting a higher pressure cap on one of my cars to
>increase the factor of safety against boiling.

How often does that happen? If it is frequent, you have other
problems that need to be fixed. Last time I had a boil over was
probably in the 1960's or so.

This is not the proper thing to do. The engineers have put a lot of
work into getting the right temperature and pressures and you think
you can do a better job? Really?