Old October 27th 19, 01:05 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Steve W.[_6_]

Default Car won't start after 15 minutes of trying - then started

wrote:
> Have a 2012 Nissan Vera hatchback.
>
> Went yesterday to start car after not starting it for a week. Would
> not start for about 15 minutes, then finally started!
>
> 1. Battery strong 2. No warning lights or codes 3. When finally
> started ran it smooth; no miss. 4. Tried starting car by putting the
> accelerator to the floor; made no difference.
>
> How do I trouble shoot this? Where do I start?
>
> Would a can of dry gas help? How about fuel injection cleaner?
>
> Larry

OK what steps were taken while trying to start it? Turned the key on and
ground on the starter a while? Or turned the key on/off a few times?
How many times did you try to start it and how many of those times did
the key get turned fully off?

If the key was only turned on a couple times it could simply be that the
check valve in the fuel system let the fuel leak down and the pump
didn't have enough power cycles to prime fully.
--
Steve W.