Old August 18th 08, 05:08 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
David Gravereaux

Default My Blue 73 SB is alive again.

Having a 2 year old and the wife works too has pushed my car hobbies
down pretty far on the priority list. Hobby or not, I drive the blue
one to work. Yeah, I can borrow the wife car, and trade around to make
a car share manageable, but my blue SB has been dead since March.
I've had all the parts for a while and finally got enough Saturday
afternoons accrued to finish a top-end rebuild and tranny swap.

She runs great. Some small details to go, but I'm very pleased. Disk
brake kit next. I hope it doesn't take me another four months to fight
tooth and nail to clear the time. And my dead motorcycle.. and the
Beige SB with a 914 engine isn't running either.. and a started chopper
project with a 72 Honda 750cc SOHC engine.. Oh for the life of me can
ever get to any of it?