Old February 19th 18, 08:31 AM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,uk.rec.cars.maintenance
Peter Hill[_2_]

Default Can you teach me more about lug bolts & related tire tools?

On 19-Feb-18 1:00 AM, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
> In article >,
> Dean Hoffman > wrote:
>> The only British car I see in the mid USA is the Mini.

> Wot - no Range Rovers? Jaguars? Nissans?

None of which are British.

Range Rover and Jaguar are now JLR and owned by Indian steel firm TATA.

Nissan never were British, Japanese forever. Nissan built their
reputation on British and German engineering using an American
production system that the Americans refused to use. The OHV "A" series
engine that powered the Cherry and Sunny though the 60's and 70's was
derived from a licensed copy of the BMC "A" series engine (original
Mini). The SOHC "L" (also bottom end of "KA" and "Z") series engines
that powered 510/710/810/910/Violet/Bluebirds/Zeds was a licensed copy
of a Mercedes 6 cylinder design (had 2 cylinders lopped off for 4 pot
versions). Both had been improved to the extent that the fee was no
longer payable.

Yes new Q30's are being made in Sunderland, UK.