Old December 14th 18, 01:11 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair,ca.driving
nospam[_4_]

Default Does your OUT OF STATE vehicle (car, mc, truck) have a 49 or 50-state sticker?

In article >, micky
> wrote:

> BTW, I'm sure almost no car sold out of cal has cal in the emilssion
> labels, because such cars are more expensive, or get lower mileage, and
> people don't want them unless the law requires them to buy one, and
> that's only true in Cal.

false.

<https://www.greencarreports.com/news...-follow-califo
rnias-emission-and-zero-emission-vehicle-rules>
Thirteen states‹mostly in the Northeast and Northwest‹and the
District of Columbia have adopted California's stricter emissions
standards, many of which also participate in the zero-emission
vehicle mandate.

Known as "Section 177" states, those 13 a Connecticut, Delaware,
Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York,
Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, and Washington.

Arizona adopted California's standards in 2008, but the state
repealed them as soon as Governor Jan Brewer took office in January
2012.