Old February 26th 07, 03:34 PM posted to alt.law-enforcement,misc.legal,rec.autos.driving
richard

Default Who's at fault in this traffic accident

"Raneman" > wrote in message
>_ Prof. Jonez _ wrote:
>>
>> McGyver wrote:
>> > "NadCixelsyd" > wrote in message
>> > ups.com...

Most state laws clearly state that in these situations, having entered the
intersection and the light changes, YOU still have the right of way. Other
vehicles may not enter the intersection until it is clearly safe to do so.
As he stated that he did not see you, it is clearly his negligence. As it
is his responsibility to ensure that the intersection is clear before he
entered it. IOW, he admitted fault.

Your recourse is to take the other party to small claims court. Fully
explain the situation and what was stated by the other party. Most likely,
the judge will rule in your favor. Before court, get a copy of the state
law regarding this manner and be sure to present it to the judge.

As a truck driver, I run into this situation all to frequently. Luckily, I
have never been struck by an overanxious driver. "I didn't see you". yeah
right bud. How could you not see that huge truck in front of you?