Old July 8th 04, 04:31 AM
Roger Brown

Dave Hurley wrote:

> Its fulltime 4WD and there is no way to iso the frount wheels.
> I am getting some good feedback from a group in australia about a kit that
> can be added.

With full time 4WD and an open ceter diff, you will not be able to move
with the front hubs unlocked, since all the power will go to the front
driveshaft. You'll need to lock the center diff at a minimum to make it
work.

You also should be able to use locking hubs from an '85 or earlier
4Runner or pickup (solid front axle). I run FJ-80 drive flanges on my
axle to relace the manual locking hubs. Its a direct swap, hubs<->drive
flanges. You should be to get the hubs from a junkyard.
http://c-67-170-224-64.client.comcas...a/P1030025.JPG
http://c-67-170-224-64.client.comcas...a/P1030026.JPG
Same splines, same bolt pattern, etc.

--