Old December 4th 05, 07:39 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default time for coherent action!

Kruse wrote:
> Mort Guffman wrote:
>
>>Americans should buy American cars. It's not complicated.

> Actually, it kinda is complicated. If you look at the build sheet for a
> new "American" car, the engine or tranny could be built in France,
> Mexico, Canada or even China. Yet the "foreign" cars have their plants
> in the good 'ol USA.
> A Ford hybrid is about 50% foreign parts. A Chevy Equinox has an engine
> built in China.

OMG holy crap! I didn't know that. Where did you gleen this info? I
want to know more. My opinion of China is at an all time low these days.

> A Mazda pickup is built by Ford. Older Isuzus may have
> a GM engine. A Chevy car may have had an Isuzu engine. A Chevy could
> have been a joint venture between Toyota, Daewoo or who knows whatever.
> Dodge has their parts from who-knows-where. Where does it stop and how
> can the "American" car companies bitch about the foreign invasion when
> they have jumped in bed with the foreigners?

Back in the good old days the Chevy Luv, Ford Courrier and Dodge
D50/Plymouth Arrow were Isuzu, Mazda and Mitsubishi. I owned a 73 Ford
Courrier in highschool and you should have seen the look on this 15
yearolds face when I read the little metal tag on the firewall that said
built in Japan by Mazda, Toyo Kogyo Corp.

mind-boggling amounts of excrement when you least expect it."

-- Gene Spafford