Old June 15th 15, 04:53 AM posted to rec.autos.misc
[email protected][_1_]

Default validating a collision shop replaced air bag with genuine OEM

I've been reading how many shops will cut corners by replacing air bags with counterfeits on EBAY and other sources.
http://www.edmunds.com/car-safety/is...unterfeit.html
When looking for a good collision shop, going by Yelp reviews or recommendations from my insurance company may be insufficient
Is it enough to just ask for a detailed receipt for any air bags replaced in my vehicle?
Or are there additional steps I should take to be sure airbag replacements are genuine OEM.
Thanks