Old February 18th 11, 06:10 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
PW[_3_]

Default Are there any current <g> or past racing games or sims that will work on Win 7

On Fri, 18 Feb 2011 14:56 +0000 (GMT Standard Time),
(Andrew MacPherson) wrote:

(PW) wrote:

>> Does any one know of any racing games or sims that will work on
>> Windows 7 64-bit in an acceptable resolution?

>I should give someone else a chance to speak up first. But now I don't have the
>iRacing forums to distract me, my caravan is parked firmly in the r.a.s. car park.
>Only an eviction order (or a 3 month for $10 iRacing offer) will get me out of
>here.
>
>I've run NKPro, Dirt2, GTR Evo, Nascar2003, GTR2, LFS, and RBR under Win7 64. I
>seem to remember having to jump through some hoops for RBR (or was that for three
>screens?), but the others worked perfectly at any resolution D3D can detect.
>
>Only GTL proved to be a crash-fest. I think there's a fix but I gave up.
>
>GPL is my main annoyance. I can run it ok but it's sounded terrible on my last two
>upgrades. Again I'm sure if I persevered I could solve that as well (perhaps with
>an add-in soundcard), but there's always something shinier to distract me.
>
>I installed Win7 64 as a test initially and had no problems whatsoever that I could
>detect, so stuck with it. It sounds like there's something strange going on with
>your system, but I'm clueless as to what.
>
>Andrew McP

I couldn't get RBR to run. I will see if I can do so with NASCAR
2003, and GTR2 (but what is the maximum resolution for those two?). I
will boot up Race 07 and see how that is. DIRT 2 works.

Something strange going on with my system? What do you mean by that?!

-paul