Old February 21st 11, 04:41 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Andrew MacPherson[_2_]

Default Are there any current <g> or past racing games or sims that will work on W

(PW) wrote:

> If I knew GT5 was that impressive I guess I might have asked for a PS3.

I must emphasise that it's the Nordschleife experience which makes GT5 superb (for
me). The rest is entertaining in a more game-like way, but nowhere near as
satisfying. It's almost as if the Nordschleife was worked on by a different team...
or at least someone who loves that track and driving there.

Having said that, I seem to have managed to do most of the GT5 tests and races now.
So the main gameplay must have some kind of addictive charm, and enough sim
qualities to stop it being deadly dull. But I would still be reluctant to recommend
the PS3 to anyone without a Nordschleife (or Little Big Planet) addiction.

I'd also never have bought a PS3 if I didn't have a G25 wheel which is supported.
That's why I've never been tempted by Forza on the Xbox... I can't/won't drive with
a controller and Microsoft are stupid about compatibility.

You will also be pleased to hear that my rational brain has taken over and
suppressed the idea of getting another couple of PS3s for peripheral vision. It
will remain a dream rather than a goal.

Probably. ;-)

> Especially after today's Daytona race!!!

I'm guessing we're talking about iRacing? I gather from various places that iRacing
are still almost as good at putting on big special events as their members are of
competing in them safely. ;-)

I shouldn't poke fun, but there is a rather depressing predictability to the gap
between iRacing's aspirations and harsh reality.

Still, they seem to have pulled a *lot* more new accounts in this week. That's got
to be good for the marketing team to work with, and fresh blood is always needed to
supply iRating for the top tiers to feed on. :-)

Andrew McP