Old November 8th 11, 04:05 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
FolkGT

Default FFB (new development)

On Mon, 7 Nov 2011 14:20:24 +0100, "Mario Petrinovic"
> wrote:

> I am getting fed up with this. Somebody who comes from some other world (other
>simulation), comes into iRacing, stays one month, and goes away, seeing that
>he isn't compatible with iRacing's world. I mean, there is simply no sense
>in all this. In other simulations guy is using one FFB setting, and iRacing
>has something completly different. Why? To have "better resolution"?
>Resolution of what?

Every software developer is going to have a different implementation of
FFB, based on *their* physics engine, *their* tyre model, etc. You should
*expect* every simulation to be different because of that. If software
developer "X" invents an awesome new way to express physics or tyre model,
then those new developments will show up in their simulation as new
options not seen in other programs. What developer "X" requires of "100%"
FFB strength might be a completely different requirement/implementation
for developer "Y".

IOW, an expectation that all implementation of FFB will be the same isn't
realistic.