Old February 22nd 09, 05:03 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Frank ess

Default Good news and bad news

Paddy's Pig wrote:
> "Frank ess" > wrote in message
>
>>> Hang in there Pat,
>>>
>>> Tony

>> It's right, what Tony and all have said. No hurry, no worry,
>> carphoto-wise.
>>
>> Now, about vertigo: my doctor actually said, "Bad news: you got
>> it; Good news: don't worry about a lengthy recovery, since there
>> isn't a cure". The newest versions of Dramamine-like preparations
>> seem to work
>> good when the effects get intense enough to interfere with life as
>> we know (knew) it.

> She's gonna be thrilled to death when I tell her that.
>
> Is the stuff you take called Antivert (meclizine 25 MG) Frank? Can
> it make you drowsy and are there warnings on the bottle not to
> drive a car or operate machinery until you know the effects of the
> medication?
> She can't get her ass in gear since she started taking it the other
> day, but she's feeling a bit better when she's awake.
>
> She's never had this before so it came as a shock. The ER guy said
> it was a relatively mild case but it was bad enough. She was
> nauseated from the effect of the room spinning.

Antivert may be one of those things; mine came off the shelf at
Long's, where it was ensconced next to Dramamine.

My vertigo comes and goes, and seems to be a good deal milder than
your wife's. I pretty much stay stationary when it comes, except when
I am going to work under a car. That seems to set it off, and if I
don't medicate the waves of nausea begin at about ten minutes and
don't subside until I've been vertical for half an hour or so. If I
take the meds 30 minutes prior to crawling under there, it stifles the
nausea to the point I don't have to upchuck in the sink between
episodes of wrenching, or whatever.

Inconvenient at best, debilitating at worst. I also have tinnitus;
both are "inner ear" phenomena, and probably related, I guess. (What?)
(Urp)

It's hell, getting old (72 last Thursday); beats hell out of the
alternative, though.

Wishing there were something more cheerful to share.

--
Frank ess