Old September 20th 04, 07:16 PM
Admin

Default 156 Rear Light Problem

My off-side rear light glows dimly even when the lights and ignition is
off. The bulb failure light on the dash is on except when the lights are
turned on. There is about 9V across the bulb. I was lucky I discovered
it before the battery went flat.

My local Alfa garage have never heard of this and don't seem to know
where the bulb failure detection unit is located.

In any case they are so snowed under with dead Alfas that they can't
look at it for at least 2 weeks. I'm getting fed up with removing the
bulb every time I stop and forgetting to put it back in again before
setting off on the next journey! (can't leave it out during the day as I
loose a break light and I might come to the attention of the blue
meanies) Anybody have any similar experience/got any ideas?

Meantime I'm going to put in a relay controlled by the nearside bulb to
disconnect it off. Not a good fix as I'll loose all bulb failure
warnings but better than the present situation
--
Best regards
Rick