Old April 14th 05, 02:48 PM
Karl

Where are you going to put a tank in a bug big enough to go 200+ miles?
Sure, if you live on an island like Great Britain you can have a small tank, 5 or 10 gallons. But
even that takes the place of a passenger.
The power output of propane compared to gasoline is only around 70%.
The distance between propane sources in the US is greater than the tank you can put in.
A gallon of propane costs at least 50 cents more than a gallon of gas.
As an example, a 350 Chev V8 with a 2 barrel carb gets 14 miles to the gallon. The same Chev P/U
with a factory installed propane setup gets 9-9,5 miles to the gallon. And the 50 gallon tank is
MASSIVE. When regular was 2.30 a gallon in Bakersfield Calif, we paid 2.85 a gallon for propane. We
filled an empty-on-fumes 50 gallong tank and it only holds 45 gallons because of the expansion
zone.....

oups.com...