Old January 7th 05, 07:58 AM
Ppelectron

>I have a 156 1.8TS 1999. Last night I noticed that the rear left tyre is
>flat. There is a tyre centre around 100m up the road - am I OK to drive
>it that far or must I put the space-saver on for this very short trip ?

Driving any distance on a flat tyre will wreck it. The tyre centre will
probably refuse to repair it anyway unless the hole is in the middle of the
tread. Even if you don't care about the tyre there is a risk of damaging the
wheel. If it was mine, I would pump some air into it then drive it to the
garage quickly, before it went flat again.