Old November 9th 07, 12:48 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Matthew Fries

Default radio locked out

It's an anti-theft measure. The stereo is locked with a 4 digit code.
If you enter the correct code, it will unlock. The dealer can look up
the unlock code based on the serial number or something.

I believe you use the tune and seek buttons to enter the digits.

Before I changed my battery, I purposefully set the unlock code
myself, because I wasn't sure what the default is, and didn't want to
be locked out of the Stereo. Then, I disconnected the battery, put in
the new one, and unlocked the stereo with the code I just set. It
worked good.

In your case, I think you can try guessing the numbers. How much free
time do you have? You could also guess an easy sequence, like 1234.
maybe the previous owner had to change the battery too, and set the
code to something easy.

On Thu, 8 Nov 2007 17:48:45 -0500, "stonecreek" >
wrote:

>I have a 2000 SL2 that I bought used. I recently had to do some work which
>required disconnecting the battery. Apparently, there is some sort of
>anti-theft stuff that requires entering a code to get the radio to work.
>All the radio says is LOCK. The manual says to go to the dealer. There has
>to be another way.
>
>Any ideas?
>
>thanks

Thanks.

Remove the BALONEY from my email address.
Matthew Fries Minneapolis, MN USA

"Quit eating all my *STUFF*!" - The Tick