Old April 16th 12, 10:19 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Old Crow

Default 2001 Grand Cherokee

"Larry" wrote in message

I don't know if you take the Orvis catalog (men's clothing, etc), but
around Christmas every year, they come out with a totally restored
Jeep Grand Wagoneer priced, I think, around $30,000. Not sure about
the model year, but that would be in the 63-91 time period when the
Wagoneers were built. Supposedly a complete restoration from the frame
up with the engine rebuilt and tuned.

They also offer a completely restored older landy that for the first
time they wanted $65,000 for. Now they put one up every year for
auction in their catalog. Both in the Orvis catalog around Christmas
time.

So sounds like to me restoration of older classic vehicles could be
make for a good living.

^^^^^^^^^^^^

If you've ever watched Barrett-Jackson's auctions on Speed Channel, you've
heard the phrase,"Sold for less than the cost of restoration".
They're usually talking about some car that just sold for $30 or $40k. I've
got a doctor who put over $110k in a '69 Mustang convertible. There was a
$100k Camaro in last week. We didn't build that one, but were just doing
some mechanical stuff to it. I can do a '57 Bel-Aire for under $50k if it's
not too rusty
Heck, we even re-did a '29 International flatbed truck. That one cost about
$30k.
I'll do okay.

--
Old Crow