Old July 12th 09, 05:54 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
mm

Default On a convertibie, how to remove the front rubber gasket?

On a convertible, does anyone know how to remove the front rubber
gasket, between the roof and the windshield. I have a '95 LeBaron,
but I thihk all the LeBarons and Sebrings areound that time are
similar.

It's firmly attached to a metal strip**, a U-channel that the
instructions say has screws holding it in, 2 inches from each end,
but when I took out a screw at one end, it didn't seem to loosen it
at all. In fact it seemed to point in the wrong direction, back
instead of up. I can't find the screw at the other end!

**They call it the the top header feature strip.***

Can anyone give me advice on any of this? Anything would be
appreciated.

*** Google gives only one hit for those four words, and that page
quotes the manual. Worth saving if you intend to do this, but all the
steps have only one line of instruction, no real description, and no
pictures. OTOH, the 94 shop manual includes no pictures for most of
it. (Since they usually don't change the manual from year to year
unless the facts change, I'll bet the Sebring manual is the same.)