Old November 9th 17, 04:37 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default What are some car-repair jobs you always wished you could do buthave never done?

On Tuesday, November 7, 2017 at 4:16:48 PM UTC-6, Xeno wrote:

> >> Does eyeballing it count? I bought a used car in which I could see about
> >> 1/16" of warp as I rotated the rotor and looked through the top of the
> >> caliper. It was one of those cars with the rotor captured behind the hub
> >> and the shop price for the repair probably contributed to the previous
> >> owners desire to get rid of the car.

> > Doesn't anyone here know the difference between runout and warp?
> >

> Warp *creates* runout.
>
> --
>
> Xeno

A buddy of mine who lives in Philadelphia, Pa, This morning he took his Ford Taurus to a shop to have the old EGR valve replaced. It cost him $450.00. If it had been my car I would have bought an EGR deleate kit, or rigged up something. No more EGR valve.