Old April 30th 13, 10:18 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Mindy

Default Wobble in 2001 WJ Front

ok, thanks for the pin point repair .. any suggestions on the best bushings
to order .. I know I have a good jeep with many miles left on the engine and
tranny, so what good brand of bushings should I buy .. again thanks very
much for your help

"DougW" wrote in message ...

Mindy wrote:
> getting a wobble in the steering wheel after running over say a rail
> road track or similar bump in the road .. replaced the from damper
> and seemed to help .. what else is loose that needs replacing ..
> Thanks all for any info

That's the beginning of what we call "Death Wobble" and believe me,
you will know why it's called that when it happens. :O

Bad shocks can contribute, but usually it's worn track-bar bushings.
The damper will take some of it away, but not for long.

http://revbeergoggles.com/control-arms/
Sorry, no after or during. Dang near killed myself doing these and
I'll pay someone next time.

--
-- DougW -- 93 ZJ 4.0 http://revbeergoggles.com
HESCO Supercharger - 300W Stereo PPI/Audio Control - Bilstein HD Shocks