Old April 30th 13, 10:41 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
DougW[_4_]

Default Wobble in 2001 WJ Front

Mindy wrote:
> ok, thanks for the pin point repair .. any suggestions on the best
> bushings to order .. I know I have a good jeep with many miles left
> on the engine and tranny, so what good brand of bushings should I
> buy .. again thanks very much for your help

Check first to see if that is the problem. This is not a cheap
job.

You have two routes to go, neither are easy.

1) press/cut/burn out the old ones and press new ones in.
2) buy new links with pre-installed bushings.

Usually it's the lowers that take the most abuse but you
should do them all at the same time.

I used Energy Suspension bushings. But if I did it again
I would buy the lower links with factory bushings already
in them. Slightly more expensive but rather than messing
with four bushings it's just four bolts.

--
DougW