Old May 10th 16, 07:17 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

Default 4.0 SOHC problems (esp. timing chain tensioners)

http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

I know this thread is old, i was still in high school. I have a 98 4.0 sohc explorer for about 5 years now. i believe the timing chain tensioner is bad also. its sounded the same since ive had it. i always thought it was because it was wrecked it had rattles underneath. it runs great and i hold it to the floor. i will drive it until it completely quits on me. 109k miles when i got it, now its at 145k. too many electrical interior components.