Old December 4th 08, 10:50 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang,alt.autos.toyota
Steve[_1_]

Default Best no BS motor oil/filter comparison?

Brent wrote:
> On 2008-12-04, Steve > wrote:
>> Brent wrote:
>>
>>> with computer controls it would be entirely software to shut down the
>>> car now.

>> And the first time someone gets killed because he didn't have the choice
>> of sacrificing his engine to get to a safe spot....

> I wasn't implying a hard cut off, 'now' meant in the present day.

Yes... but does it make a difference? If the computer shuts the car off
'now' or 'in 30 seconds,' its still out of the driver's control. I know
you mentioned an override switch, but I can still see the lawsuits
flying. "I got all scared when the warning went off, I couldn't find the
switch, so I looked around for it and hit a guardrail while I was
looking down, and then a truck hit me, my passenger was killed and I'm
paralyzed. The carmaker owes me 300 million dollars."