Old March 27th 06, 07:30 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

Default Reversing onto ramps?

"DruG" > wrote in message
> Yeah I did that myself to do the exaust on my 89 golf. Just make sure the
> ramps are well braced as the wheels aren't climbing up them they're being
> pushed.

If your driveway has coarse pavement it should be fine. Super-smooth garage
floors are another thing though.

I usually stuff the ramps under the wheels, give 'em a good kick or two each
to make sure they're pinned in place, and then I drive the car up them.
Just be ready to hit the brakes when you feel the apex coming...you of
course don't want to back off the end of them.