Old March 8th 06, 07:00 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

Default 2001 corvette, some modifications. Does this take away or add...

'Would these kill re-sale or would they have no affect.
*** Hurst Short Throw Shifter
*** Vara-Ram Ram Air
*** TPIS Long Tube Headers
*** Corsa Touring Exhaust
*** 3.90 Rear End With Hardened Shaft
*** 18
*** Dyno Tuned At JD Auto
*** Engine Has Approximately 410 Horsepower I don;t need the stuff.
It is already on the car.'

REPLY: Chances are, the previous owner did these mods for racing with
that rear-gear and Hurst shifter ..although it may have still been a
street only car. To answer your question, it could be a real selling
point if a prospective buyer likes getting a car with a good h.p./tq
upgrade over stock ; the opposite is true if the potential buyer doesnt
really need these mods AND...if he gets the idea that maybe this car was
raced and put thru its paces , regularly. Those are my thoughts. Me
personally, i would find the mods somewhat appealing but would question
how hard the car was driven. Hope this gives you some food for thought.
Dave.