Old October 8th 07, 01:46 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
John Smith

Default replacing the transfer case chain?

Jim. Thanks again for the reply. With some further research I have
discovered that my drive shaft is one of the early double cardon type, with
u-joints rather than a CV joint, meaning it is realtivly cheap and easy to
eliminate as the source of the noise. I understand that with the shaft out
of the picture other components will act differently. Knowing that the
U-jionts seem smooth and unbound with the shaft out of the car, do you think
that THEY would act that much differntly with torqe applied? I am going to
try the U-joints. Just wanted your opinion.

Thanks