Old April 5th 05, 08:49 AM
Lisa

Default 2001 A6 Avant door compartments

Hi all,

I just bought a beautiful used A6 for what I think is a good deal.
Seems to run just fine but there are a few annoying 'details' that
screams to be fixed. The oddest thing about this car is that _both_
driver and passenger door compartments - the small ones that is about
7 by 5 inches in size - will not close. The locking mechanism that
holds them shut has apparently failed.

Is this common with A6s? I don't see any mention of it in these forums
yet both of mine are broken.

Is it worth fixing? I haven't had a chance to check with the dealers
yet, but I would imagine it's expensive to fix, or at least more money
than I want to pay for something that I'll rarely use. I may just glue
them shut (gasp)!

Has anybody have any experience with this? Any thoughts or
recommendations?

Thanks,