Old May 26th 09, 06:29 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Niles Anders

Default Number of active iRacing members?

wrote:
> On May 26, 1:47 am, "jeffareid" > wrote:
>> While total membership was growing towards 9,000 players,
>> the number of active players hovered around 6,000 for over
>> 6 months, based on the posts I've read.

> Must have been a misunderstanding (or simply false information). They
> have posted active subscription numbers only twice: in March it was
> 8,000, in December 6,000. Six months before December they didn't even
> have close to 6,000 subscriptions total.

I race in rFactor based leagues that are populated decently, that have a
number of iRacers in them. Those members comment that they still race in
their rFactor leagues because they know there is going to be a good
field to race against and that's not always true with their iRacing.
Also their long term established SIM racing friends are there.

It appears that their model struggles to deliver the ability to retain
members. I speculate that they will raise their prices to get their
members more heavily vested in their software so they are more likely to
stick with it because of their investment.

I'm so comfortable with my rFactor leagues and our races are always
populated well and the drivers are so good I have little motivation to
return to it no matter how good it is.