Old May 26th 09, 07:52 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
jeffareid

Default Number of active iRacing members?

> I speculate that they will raise their prices to get their members more heavily vested in their software so they are
> more likely to stick with it because of their investment.

Just add more cars and tracks with the one time fees. The players will
then feel an obligation to keep renting iRacing because of all the one
time fees they paid for content, which I think is part of iRacing's
marketing strategy, one designed to get players to pay a relatively
high amount of money for a racing game ($500+ (USA) in 3 years if
including cars and tracks purchased during that time).

The issue iRacing is is a small target audience for a large budget game.
EA spends similar amounts on NFS games, but with sales figures
ranging from 5 million to 9 million it can be done with a reasonably
low cost per player basis.