Old June 13th 09, 03:55 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
jeffareid

Default Number of active iRacing members?

> I don't see the restrictions that are bothering others.

Restrictions:

The races that are held only once every 2 hours.

The long time it takes to progress your way through months of
online play until you're "allowed" to use the better cars.

Marketing scheme:

The idea of including one time fees with a rental service just seems
like a ploy to get racers to continue renting iRacing since they
paid so much in the way of one time fees.

The cost:

My guess is that 3 years of iRacing costs about $500 or more. For most
of us, no game is worth that kind of money. I realize that hobbies
cost money, but in spite of the hype, iRacing is just another game,
not a hobby.