Old September 25th 09, 11:05 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
DougW[_2_]

Default Can I Pour Stop Leak into the Coolant Bottle?

Will Honea wrote:
> Kyonn Gowans wrote:
>
>> My '89 Cherokee 6cly has a small crack in the radiator. I bought a
>> bottle of heavy duty stop leak but this model doesn't have a
>> radiator cap, can I pour it into the coolant bottle? Thanks in
>> advance for any help.

> Slight hi-jack, but does anyone know where to get a cap for one of
> those closed system bottles? Heat and age have taken a toll on mine
> but the bottle is still in good shape so all I need is a new cap.

All problems can be solved by the proper application of C-4.

Dunno about your application but I found one of those old
metal creamer bottle lids fit mine. Then again my system
uses the older overflow bottle and a regular radiator cap.

Probably the dealership or the "help" section at autozone or similar
parts store. Migth call NAPA, they carry a few various lids.

--
DougW