Old September 26th 09, 06:54 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Will Honea[_1_]

Default Can I Pour Stop Leak into the Coolant Bottle?

DougW wrote:

> The best thing to do is put a new radiator in there. Â*The stop-leak
> stuff isn't terribly good for the coolant system or for the heater core.

That's my plan and has been for 7-8 years but the damned copper OEM radiator
just won't die!.

Those plastic bottles use a plastic cap that serves as the radiator cap as
well with pressure regulation and backflow relief just like a normal
radiator cap. After a while, the plastic shell starts to degrade and
cracks. One fell completely apart on me. My fallback is fab a metal cap
that will accept a standard radiator cap. After 22 years, you sometimes
have to get creative with parts....

--
Will Honea