Old August 21st 12, 02:31 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox[_5_]

Default My 16 year old grandson just got his drivers license and ...

On 8/20/2012 15:54, Dickr wrote:
> He would really like to learn how to drive a car with a manual
> transmission,
> mainly my 1984 Capri 5.0. That's not going to happen for at least a couple
> of years and only after he has had the typical teen age parking lot and
> other
> (hopefully) minor fender benders. Then I'll take him to an abandoned
> airport
> and let him drive the car.
> I don't know of any abandoned airports nearby, so my Capri can rest easy
> for now.
> :-)
> Dick in MN

Oh cmon Dick! I learned to drive when I was 13 in my grandfathers
1972 Cadillac De Ville. In the Sears parking lot on a Sunday. Actually
I'd been running riding mowers for years by then But it made him happy
and it was fun. And as long as Pops was in the other seat I wasn't going
to open up that 472. Only after I inherited the car years later did I
know that it was in fact much more powerful than an 84 5.0 LOL