Old May 2nd 06, 12:02 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Default Some air-cooled fun

Check to see if your insurance policy mentions motorcycles.. I've seen
where they don't cover injuries to motorcyclists. Just something to
think about.

Do you mind sharing what happened?.. It sounds like you got in over
your head and took a beating for it... but I wasn't there and I could
be wrong.

ground clearance.. best thing to do is get a different bike.. I
know, I know. If you're not correcting things done to the bike
(lowering kit, etc) then changing the suspension geometry outside of
spec might not be a good idea, esp. going higher.

My last bike was a V65 Magna.. current bike is a 1500cc Vulcan
Classic. I could get the Magna kinda far over, but I've dragged the
floorboards turning left through an intersection on the current bike.
But it's comfortable and slows me down.. both are good things.

I like the Superman 'S' on the side.. were you attempting to fly, or
is for Shaggie?

Jim