Old April 9th 07, 06:57 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

Default C5 and C6 owners or past owners

"Bob G." > wrote in message
> On Mon, 26 Mar 2007 12:21:13 -0500, Norm wrote:
>
>>Just curious, if you own or owned both the C5 and C6, which one do
>>you
>>like better and why? And I know the C6 got a little boost in hp
>>but
>>does it do better in mpg in same driving with the C5?

> Been out oif touch the last month due to medical problems...
> so this reply is a "hair" late...
>
> I love my C5...no current plans to replace it.. BUT HONESTLY
> who really cares about how many miles per gallon ANY Corvette
> gets..??
>
> Bob G.

You got to remember Bob that it has to be a great investment, get
great gas mileage, smoke the tires for a 1/4-mile, and look good in
the garage or flatbed when you take it home. Also it must start right
up after sitting for 4 months and never need repair or even attract
mice. If something does go wrong the answer will appear in seconds by
those owners on the internet that already know that it's a known weak
point overlooked by 1,432 GM engineers and 100+ years of automotive
building experience. The repair should be able to be fashioned from
the soft metal cap on a milk bottle and replace a part laying in the
glove box. They do have those caps yet, don't they? On top of all
else the one owned by the writer must be the only one made in that
color with 1,100 RWHP. Another mistake made by GM that makes their car
"RARE" and worth 10 times what they paid for it used.

Just a few things I've learned here, others are sure to become
apparent as soon as I post this.

You feeling better or do you still have some money left that the
Doctors need before you're well or in a disposable condition?
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51