Old December 5th 06, 04:29 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
vanessa_vw

Default I need to get some opinions on the value of my 1987 Volkswagen Jetta! Help!

Okay, here is my dilemma:

I got rear-ended in my 1987 Wolfsburg Edition Jetta. The kid smashed the
back end good, and there is no way it can be repaired (being a unibody design
and all).

I bought the car for $1,850.00, plus an extra $400.00 for the stereo system
in it--a total of $2,250.00.

Now, the insurance company is trying to say this Jetta is only worth $1,300.

Here are the specs on the Jetta:

- 179,000 miles.

- paint like new, body in perfect condition

- Momo rims that match the car

- leather seats, a little cracked, but for the most part perfectly clean.

- interior clean, no tears or rips

- 5 speed manual transmission

- new tires

- new clutch cable and linkage

- original German license plate

- new exhaust and muffler

- everything in perfect working order, one belt a little corroded, but
otherwise no engine trauma.

- clean engine compartment

It looks brand new, the guy who owned it before me kept it in really good
condition.

I couldn't believe how nice it looked when I got it. I put quite a few miles
on it, (when I bought it, it had 172,000 miles on it).

In any case, I don't think what they're trying to offer me for the car is
legitimate.

And, any way I can screw an insurance company, I will, so help me out guys!

Thanks.

-Vanessa