Old November 24th 08, 11:33 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
DougW[_2_]

Default I bet none of the morons posting here can suggest a good brand of valve seal.

J. Clarke wrote:
> Well, can you?

After reading the subject line I'm tempted to not answer at all.
I hope you are refering to the trolls in this group and not the regulars.

First off, what makes you think it's the valve seals? Compression test,
oil on the plugs, leakdown test? One of the main oil in the valve cover
problems (that looks like a bad seal) is due to clogged vent lines.
http://jeep.off-road.com/jeep/articl....jsp?id=257985
All 4.0 engines will eventually have this problem.

Assuming you have gone through all the checks then my preference is
for OEM, usually buymopar.com. A few folks around here have had good
results with parts from tapcointernational.com, but I've learned that
OEM parts are generally higher quality. The only other parts house I
regularly use is NAPA, but go with the Echlin line (top line) if
available. hescosc.com always stocks good stuff, but they arn't cheap.

--
-- DougW -- 93 ZJ 4.0 http://revbeergoggles.com
HESCO Supercharger - 300W IASCA Stereo - Edelbrock IAS Shocks