Old November 13th 19, 04:50 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Ohderii_Cruiser

Default 2004 camry le 4 banger - how do I find the right front brake pads

Xeno > suggested:\
>> Is that gas discharge why the edges are chamfered also?
>> http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=20_03.jpg

> No, the chamfer helps to reduce noise - as in brake squeal. It prevents
> the pads developing a high speed chatter (vibration) that creates the
> squeal. It is also the function of the shims behind the pad. Some people
> use brake paste behind the pad to dampen the chatter thereby reducing
> the squealing tendency. Whatever works...
>
> It also promotes even pad wear - so they say - but I'm not sure how it
> manages that.

Thanks for explaining the chamfer is to reduce noise.
I had asked the internet supplier for pads meeting the OE spec.
He gave me these Centric GG pads which are "ceramic".
Do you think a GG NAO or ceramic or semi-metallic would brake the same?