Old August 20th 06, 04:50 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Casper

Default 1993 GC Limited - I Miss My Jeep!!

>The only CPS's 'I' am familiar with just bolt in. There are no
>spacers. I haven't seen that many though.
>
>Mike

Sorry about the wording. Spacer, shim, whatever. It's a small piece of
paper-like material they use just to install the CPS.

I didn't know there were different ones either, but the two mechanics
currently working on it showed me the difference and the one I have. I
really wish I had the other one.

I still want to know how one mechanic can say the CPS is bad and the
other says it is fine... and they are both using the same diagnostic
tools to test them. I am downright suspicious of all dealership
mechanics (past bad experiences at dealerships) that he really is just
surmising that is the problem from experience, but /shrug. It's been
replaced once already. I would think master techs know how to put one
in and not damamge it (or anything else).

Truthfully, right now I really don't care about anything except
someone fixing it. I've already reached my limit on patience with the
pointing fingers and no resolution. Either I get it back working the
end of this month, or the insurance company of the guy who hit me is
going to have to replace it. Otherwise I am starting by camping out on
the insurance co's front lawn with nasty signs and going from there.