Old August 21st 06, 05:31 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
bllsht[_1_]

Default 1993 GC Limited - I Miss My Jeep!!

In message >, "Casper" wrote:

>Just to clarify things up a bit (I hope)...
>
>For the check engine light problem, the PCM (main computer). Aside
>from not running the pre-start process, it was preventing voltage from
>going to the fuel pump.
>
>A smashed connector in lift gate was replaced. The tailgate tamper
>circuit was spiked by a short to a power circuit which required the
>replacement of the theft module but the jeep would still not start
>until the replacement of the PCM.
>
>The crank position sensor (CPS) was replaced (once). I was informed it
>was found bad during the process of troubleshooting and before
>replacement of the PCM.
>
>The sparks plugs have been replaced four (4) times now in total for
>fouling. Bosch plugs were only used once and the jeep only drove about
>12-15 miles total on them before being removed. *You can smell fuel
>after several attempts (cranks) to start.
>
>The ground(s) have been checked by four (4) different mechanics and
>determined to be fine. Wires starting from battery and continuing till
>end have been checked and cleaned.
>
>The coil has been replaced when it was thought the spark voltage
>"might" have been low. No change in problem.
>
>She is still sitting in the shop with several different diagnostic
>tools wired to her looking for anything leading to the problem.
>
>If you want to know about the mechanic, check this out...
>http://www.currentprobe.com/currentprobe3.html

Not to take anything from your mechanic, but it looks like he's had mostly GM
training, and probably has mostly GM experience. You may be better off with
somebody who is experienced with the Chrysler systems. Being familiar with a
system is a big advantage.

>And here is something he designed...
>http://www.currentprobe.com/

He designed a current probe? Any decent automotive lab scope kit will come with
one of those, and they're not $400.

Again, he may be good, but this problem has been going on for quite a while now
with no fix in sight.

Does he have a DRB?