Old February 20th 06, 07:48 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default Camaro wont sell....

"Michael" > wrote in message
> Hiya...
>
> I've seen the pics of the concept Camaro. A lot of people think it is
> ugly. Other then the nose of the car, I like it :-) When I was in high
> school, (I'm 39 now), I was a Chevy fan.

I was 39 when I bought my '93 LX 5.0, and people said that it was my midlife
crisis (at 39!). The fact that it was my 4th Mustang and that I'd driven
Mustangs almost all of my adult life had nothing to do with it, I guess.

In 1993, I tried a Camaro on for size, and went straight back to the
Mustang. Didn't care for the low seating position in the Chevy - it just
wasn't me.

If Chevy builds that ugly prototype, they'll sell pretty well in the first
year or so. Anything under $35K would be a good ballpark for a V8 Camaro.

But V8 Camaros, Mustangs, Challengers, whatever were always a bit of a
stretch for the working stiffs like you and me. Where your 5.0 was $14K,
mine was almost $17K. Thirteen years later, you can buy a Mustang GT for
somewhere around $26K, which is just about the same, adjusted for inflation.

dwight
www.tfrog93.com