Old February 21st 06, 04:33 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default Camaro wont sell....

>But V8 Camaros, Mustangs, Challengers, whatever were always a bit of a
>stretch for the working stiffs like you and me. Where your 5.0 was $14K,
>mine was almost $17K. Thirteen years later, you can buy a Mustang GT for
>somewhere around $26K, which is just about the same, adjusted for inflation.
>
>dwight
>www.tfrog93.com

I have been looking, don't know where the heck I saw it, but there's a
website that adjusts prices for inflation. Point being, when surfing
that website, if I remember correctly, a 1966 Mustang GT in "today's
dollars" would cost a little more than $30,000. That seems a
"terrible price" for a 66 pony, but when you look at the reliability
of today's cars, the longivity of the tires, etc, today's $27,000 GT
is a "steal" compared to the original mustangs. Now, if only I had
one of each <VEG> Hmmmm